We deserve a society in which everybody thrives, in which all humans (everywhere on this planet and anywhere else we may live) cooperate in freedom and peace. That long-range goal can happen, but it might take decades to achieve. More precisely than that, we cannot now predict. It might take 35 years or 20 or 200.
We start by growing an effective movement here in North Carolina. We have a base to build on here. As a result of long, steady work, North Carolina has lots of progressive individuals and groups active on many issues. These efforts have developed strengths and won victories.
Think how much more strength we would have if we all worked together, each working primarily on their own efforts but spending some time supporting other concerns.
- What if most environmental activists also strongly supported the Black freedom struggle?
- What if most African-American activists spoke up frequently for full human rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people?
- What if most lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender activists belonged to (or at least strongly backed) labor unions?
- Think of the strength unions could bring to the struggle for women's rights!
- Imagine the results if most women's rights activists also backed environmental protection campaigns.
And so forth.
I created this website to foster that sort of mutual support and solidarity, to help our various groups to think of themselves as part of a larger movement. Then we all can give strength to and draw strength from the movement.
Please explore this site and try the tools you find here.